THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF HOW TO CALCULATE HOW MANY TILES YOU WILL NEED
The information below is a EXAMPLE using a GENERIC sized area, you can calculate your area with this same formulation:
THESE ARE 4" X 8" SUBWAY TILES
Example area: 78"wide x 18"tall (this is the measured area of the example back splash)
THERE ARE 4.5 SUBWAY TILES PER SQ FOOT
- Once your have your area multiply the width x height this will give you the square inches of the area that you are working with: In the example you multiply 78 x 18 = 1404 sq inces
- In order to calculate the total sq feet you take the sq inches (in this example) 1404 and divide that by 144 (number of sq inches in a sq foot) = 9.75 sf
- Now that you know that you need 9.75 sq feet to fill your area you need to figure out how many tiles you will need. In this example you multiply 9.75 x 4.5 = 43.875 OR 44 tiles rounding up.
- Next step, now that we know that the example area needs 44 tiles, we need to add a few for waste and breakage during install. The normal add on is 10%.
- We are going to multiply 44 x 10% = 4.4 (round up) and you will need 5 tiles extra for a total for your job of 44+5 = 49 tiles
- Now go to the SUBWAY TILE you like and from the drop down choose the finish you want and in the amount put in 49 tiles and if that is all you are ordering that is all you have to do.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO CALCULATE YOUR AREAS AND GIVE YOU THIS NUMBER, FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME AT: firstname.lastname@example.org